[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 1.3 testing.
- Subject: Re: 1.3 testing.
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:44:21 -0700
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Alvin Starr <..hidden..> wrote:
> I have managed to get 1.3 up and running mostly from RPM's
> I want to take a shot at importing a dataset.
> How would I export/import from 1.2.x to 1.3?
Here are my recommendations given that the migration tools are still
1) copy your 1.2 dataset. Something like:
createdb -U postgres -T old_db new_db
Nobody can use old_db while this runs but it is quicker and easier IMO
than a pg_dump/restore.
2) Run pre-upgrade checks. cd to sql/upgrade in the lsmb 1.3
directory, connect to new_db and run the 1.2-pre-upgrade-checks.sql
3) Update rows flagged and re-run until no results show up. If you
need help with this, please ask here.
4) edit 1.2-1.3-work-in-progress.sql to set the defaults at the
beginning of the file
5) Run 1.2-1.3-work-in-progress.sql against new-db.
This is how I got my business up on 1.3. I am in the process of
completing a web-based wizard to allow someone to do all of the above
steps, but that is a bit complicated. Between that and two bugs that
need to be fixed, that's all that stands between us and 1.3.0 rc1.