Re: Trial balance vs account breakdown inconsistency

Hello all,

Having had no reply to my message from back in August (below), I have
done some more digging today (our annual accounts are due shortly,
which focuses the mind) and found where the discrepancy lies.

In acc_trans there are two entries which should not be there, viz:

select * from acc_trans where trans_id = 20922;
 trans_id | chart_id | transdate  | source | cleared | fx_transaction | project_
id | memo | invoice_id | amount | entry_id
----------+----------+------------+--------+---------+----------------+---------
---+------+------------+--------+----------
    20922 |    10474 | 2008-02-25 |        | f       | f              |
   |      |      19621 |    -10 |    19828
    20922 |    10016 | 2008-02-25 |        | f       | f              |
   |      |            |     10 |    19829

When querying the invoice table for id 19621, no rows are returned,
so transaction 20922 is a ghost/orphan/zombie or however you want to
call it. As there is another similar transaction on the same date for
the same amount, the presumption is that this was introduced by fat
fingers or other PEBKAC.

I think that by simply removing these two rows from acc_trans my trial
balance will once again be correct. Is there any danger in doing this
(obviously I have backups and could just reinstate these 2 rows at a
later date if required)?

Pete

http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107