Re: LedgerSMB Readiness

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:35 -0500, blck shp wrote:
> What is the longest successful deployment of LedgerSMB? What trial and
> tribulations did you go through?

No idea there, but we've been using it for around 18 months or so. The
only major issue I had was getting to grips with (Ubuntu) Linux - I
hadn't touched *nix since University, 20 years ago. Getting the data
transferred from our old system required some SQL and/or programming or
spreadsheet work or such - but at least the required info is readily
available.

> Is it worth the risk migrating to LedgerSMB from Peachtree?

(Bearing in mind that v1.3 has quite a lot of new features above current
installations...)

No idea, not having used Peachtree. If it has all (or most of) the
features you need, I'd say give it a try. It costs nowt to have a play.

> Why isn't LedgerSMB right for my company?

Possibly Linux support, maybe a some key feature missing?

> What are the major bugs keeping me from deploying LedgerSMB?

Compared to 18 months ago, there are very few bugs I've come across in
v1.2.18. In fact only one I have found so far is only minor and related
to a dbase restore anyway - though I should say we don't use the project
related fetures, time cards etc.

One of the LSMB highlights is rapid development and quick bug fixes.

> What other software would you put up against LedgerSMB for reliability?

Anything that's been 100% reliable. We've never had a crash or lost any
data. I have some issues with Ubuntu upagrades, but LSMB has been rock
solid.

Cheers
Richard