Re: Getting up and running on Windows?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:37 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Is there a "quick guide" on how to install LedgerSMB on Windows? For a
> variety of reasons, I want to run LedgerSMB on a Windows Vista 64-bit
> laptop. I have PostgreSQL up and running, and I have ActivePerl as
> well. (and Komodo and NetBeans 6.5, but that's another story) :)

Currently, we use VanillaPerl.  I suppose you could install it
along-side ActivePerl.  We chose this because:

1)  It is freely redistributable
2)  CPAN works, so the same instructions work across platforms.

The only thing is you need to run a shebang utility from dists/win32
on your installation.