Re: Discount Field

On 7 Dec 2008, at 05:18, Luke wrote:
What are the pros, cons, and chances, of adding a discount field?  An
overall discount field, that is, under subtotal.

I would like to be able to adjust the over all final price, either by a
hard dollar amount, or by a percentage.

E.G. "Hey, you guys really shipped my last order late--how about twenty
bucks off on my current invoice?"
"Well, that wasn't us, it was the shipper, but certainly, let me just
enter a 20 into discount, and...done!"

I have a discount item. In a case such as the above I would add part number DIS-001 to the invoice as the last item, look at the total amount of the bill so far, and guesstime the appropriate amount which I would then enter as a negative value as the price for said DIS-001.

I have no idea how this reflects good practices & all. Presumably one should write off all one's DIS-001 sales at the end of the year, but I leave that to my accountant.

Stroller.