> 5.5 hrs "widget building service" @ $100
>
> Sales Order 1( from Time sheets):
> 5.5 hrs "widget building service" @ $100, discount by 100% <-- add the
> discount
>
> Sales Oder 2 (built from Quote):
> 1 off "build a widget" $1000
>
> Invoice (built from SO 2):
> 1 off "build a widget" $1000,
>
> What "bad things" do you envision with a scenario like this? What going
> straight from the quote to the invoice without going through the sales
> order?

SQL-Ledger used to throw errors if you tried to do this.  With
LedgerSMB, we have had a history of NaN.00 showing up though I believe
these have all been corrected.  However, until we can get the logic
completely reworked, I would avoid areas with historical problems.

> If I just build an SO for internal use and then close it out without
> discounting, what kind of repercussions would there be?

If you close out a sales order, you don't have enough information to
run, for example, income statements on the project.  The way I am
suggesting, this would be possible.

Long-run, a more robust project interface is something I am talking
with people about and I think we need to consider.