Fixed-price quotes

Hi everyone,

It had to happen at some point - I have a prospect looking for a fixed-price quote.

What I am thinking of doing is using a "special" service code that I can use for fixed-price bids. Then the quote becomes QTY 1 and I just modify the details for each specific fixed-price bid. I would rather not disclose the various service rates, discounts, additions, fixed-price fiddle factors etc, used in calculating the fixed price.

I would, however, like to track the project internally so that I can determine its profitability - using service codes and per-client discounts.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Paul