Re: Decimal point problems

On 11 Aug 2008, at 17:30, Peter wrote:

> I need to use a comma as decimal separator here so not the point
> (full stop).
> When I set the format as 1.000,00 =>

This format choice doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The English
add commas to separate sets of 3 zeros.

IE:
1 thousand = 1,000 or 1,000.00
1 million = 1,000,000 or 1,000,000.01
1 thousand and one penny = 1,000.01
1 million one penny = 1,000,000.01

I was not aware that Europeans did this (with full-stops?).

Well the UK has a lot of other issues with European metric systems isn't it? ;-)
The EURO is presented as 1.000,00 € or 1000,00 €

Have you tried the "1000,00" option for number format, instead?
Yes, same thing as expected

> When choosing an article out of the "Select Items" list, which
> nicely shows up when I enter a partial article number, pricing
> shows OK in this list (e.g. 12,75).
> Now when I select the item to put it in an invoice it doesn't
> recognise the comma as separator and puts x100 as price (1275,00).

Dumb question: have you tried entering 12.75 of quantity and printing
an invoice?

That doesn't make sense, once the number is corrected in the invoice (in my case with comma and most of the time I need to divide by 100) it wil print ok.
Thanks for the input tough...

Stroller.