Decimal point problems

I need to use a comma as decimal separator here so not the point (full stop).
When I set the format as 1.000,00 =>

When choosing an article out of the "Select Items" list, which nicely shows up when I enter a partial article number, pricing shows OK in this list (e.g. 12,75).
Now when I select the item to put it in an invoice it doesn't recognise the comma as separator and puts x100 as price (1275,00).
If I use 1000.00 as format it works like a charm but I really cannot print invoices with a point as separator...

Anyway to solve this?
--
Peter <..hidden..>