Re: At the end of my teather with LSMB

Stroller wrote:
On 28 May 2008, at 12:00, Luke wrote:

So it requires you to print in order to post?  That's what it
sounds like.

This requirement to print would drive a great many US based companies
crazy--they (domain registrars, for example) never deal with paper in
connection with the customer: it is all done electronically.  I
would hate
to be such a company in the UK.

To a Brit the "unable to post without printing" requirement makes
perfect sense. It is the logical and clearly "right" way of doing
things.

I don't think you *have* to print all invoices.  The point is you either register as a normal "paper accounting" firm and hence the computer is irrelevant because technically it's just a fancy calculator to help you generate the paper (print everything!) or else you register for electronic accounting at which point they come down on your and turn you inside out until they are happy that your electronic accounting system is so bullet proof that it could never ever loose a record or allow fraud to be committed...

The point is that you would have to have a pretty shiny piece of software and a large budget to handle the audit to want to declare yourself as a non paper based company.  Hence if you are paper based then you had better print everything out...

*This* is why people have to print everything

However, one thing which drives me nuts is that at present you can't add serial numbers or notes to an invoice once posted (nor ammend the payment info).  All stuff which shouldn't change the legality of the invoice (probably not even printed on the invoice), but effectively it's very tempting to repost in my small business to correct these very minor notes related stuff which would cause us GREAT inconvenience if we couldn't tweak them

Ed W