Re: At the end of my teather with LSMB

Quoting Stroller <..hidden..>:

On 27 May 2008, at 12:22, beamends wrote:
So I change the date & invoice number, click "Post As New" and now I
have two transactions - the old one is unaffected, the new one
contains the changes.

I'm just catching up with the last three weeks of postings (amongst other things). Punishment for taking a holiday, I suppose.

This is a minor niggle that I have (minor in the sense that I only generate a maximum of 20 invoices a month, so it's not a big deal to remember). In the UK (at least; it may be the case in other jurisdictions) there is a requirement that invoices be consecutively numbered. Our tax trolls get very upset by gaps or - much worse - duplicate invoice numbers. Much pain and suffering is often the result: if the revenue suspects you of being naughty, you have to prove your innocence.

Is it possible, perhaps for 1.3, to generate a unique invoice number on commit in such a way that each invoice is consecutively numbered (and in such a way that there is no mechanism within the ui to alter the number)? I know that LedgerSMB generates a consecutive number if you leave the field blank, but it should not be possible to override this, and when using the "post as new" function, it certainly should not allow a duplicate invoice number to be entered because the user has forgotten to blank the field.

Richard