Re: At the end of my teather with LSMB

Quoting Stroller <..hidden..>:
Not all UK businesses are VAT registered, however. VAT is the
equivalent, I think, of US sales tax, and one is only obliged to be
VAT registered if one has a turn over in excess of (approximately)
$100,000 per year.

The accounting and reporting requirements for non-VAT-registered
businesses are - in general - much less strict.

£75,000 is the mandatory registration threshold here, I think. You're right, of course, which makes it more sensible for this sort of enforcement to go into a compliance module rather than the core.