Re: At the end of my teather with LSMB

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 10:06 +0100, ..hidden.. wrote:
> Quoting Luke <..hidden..>:
>
> >> From the web site:
> >
> > http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/records-valid-invoice.htm
> >
> > We get this:
> >
> > "
> > How VAT sales invoices must be numbered
> >
> >    You must number your sales invoices in sequential order. If you spoil
> >    or cancel a serially numbered invoice, you must keep it to show to a
> >    VAT officer at your next VAT inspection.
> > "
> >

> Thanks.
>
> Thus spake the taxman, and forthwith appeared a greyish throng
> of auditors who wailed and thus addressed their mournful song:
> "Audit your accounting 'cos the taxman you can't fleece,
> and numbers on the invoices begin and never cease."
>
> (With apologies to Nahum Tate)

As further matter on the issue of numbers, I've just been trying to
prise some money out of a multi-national's Accounts Payable dept. They
do everything based on the their PO number and our invoice number alone,
even the date is something to squabble about later.
I asked what would happen if we offered two invoices with the same
number and the lady said the second one could not be entered on their
system, it would be put to one side. I'd have to deal with them directly
to get it paid. Inevitably, this "would lead to some delay in payment",
i.e. the 30 days would start all over again. Worth mentioning I think.

Cheers
Richard