Re: A fun accounting tutorial, find out what 'Debit' really means :)

Thanks that's great.
________________________________

Pascal Vallet
Chef d'établissement / Principal
--
Adresse : Ecole Internationale Française de Bali
Jalan Umalas Kauh n. 76

Le 28 mai 08 à 20:14, Terry Porter a écrit :

Gday,

Following the recent posts, I thought I'd fix up and make available an excellent and simple tutorial I downloaded years ago, and which allowed me to finally understand what a "debit" is !!!

I Downloaded this tutorial from http://www.access.wvu.edu/class/acctutor/accthome.htm
but this URL is now inactive as of 28 May 2008.

It was Designed and Developed by:

Paul D. Melton, MS, MBA, CPA
Associate Professor of Accounting
West Virginia University Institute of Technology

Initial Project Jointly Funded by:

State College and University Systems of West Virginia and West Virginia University Institute of Technology

I found this tutorial very informative as "debits and credits" were
illogical to my technician mind, and I initially dreaded starting it.

In the end I actually wanted the tutoral to be **longer** as I enjoyed it so much, mainly due to the short 'info sessions', followed by questions and help/answers.

I feel this tutorial is essential for those of us who are not
book keepers or accountants and are about to use/configure GPLd 'Free Software' accounting packages such as ledger-Smb, WebERP/EdgeERP, PhreeBooks etc, and should be read FIRST.

You can grab it from my web server at :-
http://wifi.homelinux.com/public/acctutor.zip

Just unzip into a folder somewhere and point your browser at index.htm
and go from there.

Beamends .... go on mate, give it a go, I'm sure you'll love it!

--
Best Regards
Terry