Re: Adding fonts in LaTeX (Gentoo app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r4)

[Posted this a few days ago, but it doesn't seem to have come through]

On 13 Nov 2007, at 13:37, Pongracz Istvan wrote:

I saw you on the gentoo list, too :)

:D

I have a question about the tetex packages on gentoo.
I am facing with this dilemma, which package should I use:
tetex or texlive.

I saw tons of texlive ebuilds.

Anyway, my question is tetex is deprecated and texlive is the future?

Yes.

May I safely drop-away tetex and install texlive?

Yes.

Unless you're doing anything unusual, TeXLive will - as Jeff Kowalczyk said - just drop in & replace TeTeX.

TeXLive has a greater selection of fonts, too, so you may have less to do to get it working.

I believe that after I added fonts to the system I then had to run `updmap-sys` in order for them to be recognised. It was a different procedure under TeTeX.

Stroller.