Re: Adding fonts in LaTeX (Gentoo - app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r4)

On 30 Oct 2007, at 18:11, Stroller wrote:
On 30 Oct 2007, at 17:43, Chris Travers wrote:
This may seem obvious but have you tried running texhash?

For a moment there, Chris, a most welcoming surge of joy came over me.

I find NOTHING with LaTeX obvious, so it is quite conceivable that I
missed it.

But looking again my original post:

When I run `updmap && texhash` I see that files in my home directory
are updated:

   texhash: Updating /home/stroller/.texmf-var/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /usr/local/share/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /usr/share/texmf-site/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /var/cache/fonts/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Done.

...Running `updmap && texhash` as
root makes no difference.

The teTeX website has for sometime carried a "no longer maintained"
notice and suggested the alternative of TeXLive...

I have now upgraded to TeXLive & after much mucking about today it transpires that this comment now applies to me:

   If you are using teTeX 3, you should learn about the difference
   between updmap (per user configuration) and updmap-sys (systemwide
   configuration).
   http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/msg/e10318863d3afaf6

I _believe_ that this didn't apply to me in March because I was still using teTeX.

Stroller.