Re: Adding fonts in LaTeX (Gentoo - app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r4)

On 30 Oct 2007, at 17:43, Chris Travers wrote:
This may seem obvious but have you tried running texhash?

For a moment there, Chris, a most welcoming surge of joy came over me.

I find NOTHING with LaTeX obvious, so it is quite conceivable that I missed it.

But looking again my original post:

When I run `updmap && texhash` I see that files in my home directory
are updated:

   texhash: Updating /home/stroller/.texmf-var/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /usr/local/share/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /usr/share/texmf-site/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /var/cache/fonts/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Done.

...Running `updmap && texhash` as
root makes no difference.

The teTeX website has for sometime carried a "no longer maintained" notice and suggested the alternative of TeXLive. When I last had problems in March this was not available in my distro's package manager, but someone on the Gentoo mailing list has observed that it now is. I'll try upgrading to that before proceeding further.

Stroller.