Re: Product tracking in 1.2.9

2007. 10. 17, szerda keltezÃssel 14.26-kor Chris Travers ezt Ãrta:

Example 2 was really an example, but describe the problem itself :)

> Note that this only works properly if you are tracking by serial
> number both when you receive and when you ship.  If that doesn't
> happen, you have no way of knowing with certainty which customers you
> need to contact.

Ok, in this case I can use serial number to track the buy-and-sell
processes. Good, I will test it.
Unfortunately I have not enough time, I need 36 hours a day......

> > So, what to do in this case?
> > How to track products using serial number/or SARZS number (produced
> > goods in one shift or branch, such as pills, cables, springs, etc.)
>
> Note that most businesses just issue a blanket recall or check with
> all customers that purchased the specific part number.  As I say,
> unless you are tracking by serial number when you buy, when you
> manufacture, and when you sell, you don't know where a given one went.
>  The best you can do is track by part number.  LedgerSMB does not, at
> the moment,. allow serial number trakcing in assembly manufacture.

Ok, now it is clear.
I think, using serial number as serial number or as SARZS number we can
track goods moving, but obviously, we have to record when we receive and
sell them.

My next question is, is that possible to select a given product to sell
to a customer from stock?

I have two ideas:
First is, the man in the warehouse will choose one product and he will
record this serial number to the pick list (to the paper) and after he
will record to the Ship form somehow.

Second: somehow I list my stock and I select one by the serial number
and I record it to my offer/sales order. Worker at the stock will search
it (5 minutes to 1 day, depends on the size of the warehouse :) and
prepare to ship.

> In that case, you probably need to do use the inventory report to
> track sales by part, and contact all customers who purchased that part
> to verify the serial number.
> >
> > I think, this is a common question, probably you already solved these
> > questions.
> >
> > Are there any written or practical usage of this issue?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > IstvÃn
>
> Hope that helps;
> Chris Travers

Sure, your help is really worthy, every time, thank you!

Now I have to sleep, it's 00:08

Regards,
IstvÃn
--