Re: Proposed revisions to roadmap

Hi,

2007. 10. 17, szerda keltezÃssel 17.23-kor Jeff Kowalczyk ezt Ãrta:

> Pongracz,

Sorry about my stupid name :) PongrÃcz is my surname, IstvÃn is my
christian name :)
IstvÃn is the same as Stephen in English.

> I run Gentoo ~x86, and the packaged postgresql-8.2 includes tsearch by
> default:
>
> # emerge postgresql -pv
> [ebuild   R   ] dev-db/postgresql-8.2.4-r1  USE="nls pam perl python readline ssl xml zlib -doc -kerberos -pg-intdatetime (-selinux) -tcl -test" 0 kB
>
> # equery files postgresql | grep tsearch
> /usr/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so
> /usr/share/doc/postgresql-8.2.4-r1/contrib/README.tsearch2
> /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/tsearch2.sql
> /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/uninstall_tsearch2.sql

I found this exactly in my system, using your guide, thank you!

> All perl dependencies can be satisfied via portage packages and g-cpan for
> the others.

I succeed with installing 1.2.9 w/o problems. Of course, I had to play
with g-cpan.

> A gentoo ebuild with a --configure db setup and webapp-config apache setup
> logic would be useful, I agree. I haven't chased that to completion myself
> because I run from an SVN checkout of branches/1.2. That, and I don't have
> the first clue how to utilize the webapp-config API.

In some cases I do not use webapp-config, because I also use the svn tree :)

Thank you for your prompt help!

Regards,
IstvÃn

--