Warehouse - Bin/bin list/bin lists

Hi,

I would like to ask that, what is the 'bin' and how it is related to
warehouses.

My problem is, I have no idea to represent a real warehouse into the
existing warehouse/bin structure easily.

For example, I have 10 big warehouses in our country in 8 different
cities.
Each warehouses has several buildings and outside places.
Most of them has several floors, where we use lot of four-to-eight level
high racks.
Lot of racks has smaller bins.

So, this structure is a typical tree object.
In the existing system I can create warehouses and for a part, I can
assign a 'bin' number.
As I can see, I only can assign only one bin number for a part.

If I get 10 trucks of a part into 3 warehouses, how can I record their
location in LS, to report their exact location at any time?

And how can I manage that situation, when I want to move a part from one
place to other?

I have an idea, using a good code-table to generate a
multi-segment-value bin number, but I have no idea, how to separate all
items in these trucks?

So, the long and short of it, how to manage storing lot of goods in lot
of places, using LS?
Of course, I need report possibility for any time, without paperwar :)

Cheers,
IstvÃn

--
eGroupWare, gLiveCD, gentoo Ãs barÃtai