Product tracking in 1.2.9

Hi,

I would like to ask your experiences of tracking a product in LS.

Learning from my previous experiences, I will explain my question via an
example.

Example 1:
<http://www.pos-gold.com/Product%20Tracking/tracking-soft.htm>
Sorry, I don't want to blame you, but I thought, better to find a native
English doc about my needs :)

Example 2:

I am a computer part trader. I buy parts from several vendors and sell
them to several customers.
Sometimes I built complete systems.

One time, I get a call from my vendor:
"Hello my friend, do you remember those batteries, I sold you 3 months
ago? It turned out, one series are damaged and could cause fire. We have
to recall them. Please inform your customers in 2 hours and send me
immediately all the batteries in your stock. Thank you for your
cooperation."

So, what to do in this case?
How to track products using serial number/or SARZS number (produced
goods in one shift or branch, such as pills, cables, springs, etc.)

I think, this is a common question, probably you already solved these
questions.

Are there any written or practical usage of this issue?

Thank you,
IstvÃn

--
eGroupWare, gLiveCD, gentoo Ãs barÃtai