Re: How to manage packaging

On 9/27/07, Pongracz Istvan <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi,

2007. 09. 26, szerda keltezéssel 20.24-kor Pongracz Istvan ezt írta:
> Now, if I add 2300m of MSR 2Y(St)YBY PIMF Blue 8x2x1 type cables with
> certificate No. SIT20078734 with 4 drums, I will have in my stock 7200m
> cables (because I had 4900m already in stock).
>
> I cannot tell that, which drums has how many cables?
>
> I have to know exactly, what I have in my stock.
> Probably I'm wrong, but if I list products, I only will get a summary
> and not a list about the cable sections.
>
> And if I cut some of one drum, I have to decrease the quantity of that
> section.
> Decreasing the total is correct, but useless in this case.
>
> That is why I need a container type object in lsmb, which also a
> product, but has this special feature.

I'm stupid, sorry.
I took a shower when I had a flash.
This "problem" is related to "how-to-store-things" question.
In my case, I have to move the related things in one store place: cables
and a drum.

That is all. In this case, I can query a list with sections etc.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here, but it sounds to me that you are thinking that each drum becomes a location, ie in LSMB a 'warehouse' I think. That is probably going to mess you system up with respect to your ability to use warehouses the way the system intends. Hijacking entities is always a recipe for disaster down the track.

--
The Last Great Frontier is in Your Mind