How to manage packaging

Hi,

Sorry, I'm busy nowadays.

I have a problem with using ledger/ledgersmb, regarding the package
handling.

In a cable distributor company, we use drums to hold the cables.
A drum has a capacity.
If we order for example 10.000,- meters of one kind of cable, we will
get 10 drums with 1.000,- meters in each drums.

If we want to sell 750 meters, we choose one drum and we cut 750m.
After it, that drum only contains 250m.

In the product list I had to see this, for example:
product No. 12345678
drum 1   1000m     Warehouse 1
drum 2   1000m     Warehouse 2
drum 3   1000m     Warehouse 2
drum 4    250m     Warehouse 2 Building 3 Floor 2 loc 4
drum 5   1000m     Warehouse 1
drum 10  1000m     Warehouse 1

Total: 9.250,- m

My question is, how can I manage this situation with ledgersmb?
To assign some general fields (test certification No., date, etc.) also
would be nice.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
IStvÃn