Re: Using Projects and Time Cards

On 8/20/07, luxe <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your swift response.  I was thinking over the
weekend and have another question:  Is it possible and how difficult
it would be to export the report/time cards data to csv or kind of
delimited values format?

Not in the application itself. Although the rest of the discussion belongs more on -devel, I am going to leave it here for now.

Depending on your exact needs, psql/phppgadmin/pgAdmin and COPY might do it.  While this is not part of the application in 1.2, it should be easy to implement for arbitrary portions of the application in 1.3.

  As well as to import such data into Ledger
SMB?

Normally what I do is create a table which matches my CSV structure, COPY the data from CSV into the table, then run insert .... select queries to move that data into the other tables. If you have an example, I could be more specific.

I am using at the moment "TimeTTracker MX2" that runs on my PDA/Phone
and what I am doing is exporting the timing data in csv file then
importing this file into OOffice Calc and creating the report my
client needs in OO Calc.  If I cannot manage to generate the reports
in LSMB, I will continue using existing process I have but now I am
thinking of automating the process of transferring data between
applications.

Ok, without knowing the exact format of the CSV it is hard to know.  However, it shouldn't be difficult to move this into the db via stored procs, etc.  If you want high-level guidance , the -devel lists are a good place to ask for assistance.

Best WIshes,
Chris Travers