Re: HTTP Error 503 "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

On 8/20/07, Roland Giesler <..hidden..> wrote:
After installing ledgerSMB and all the listed requirements, I get this
error.  It seems to be linked to cgi, since I get the following in
/var/log/apache2/error.log:

The problem seems to be related to mod_cgid.  I have no experience with problems involving this module.  Maybe someone else has some information?

[Mon Aug 20 15:23:09 2007] [error] cgid daemon process died, restarting
[Mon Aug 20 15:23:09 2007] [error] (2)No such file or directory:
Couldn't bind unix domain socket /var/run/apache2/cgisock.14083

What OS, Version, Distro, etc. are you running?  Obviously this is not Windows ;-)

Also, did you compile Apache yourself?  If so, which MPM did you select?

There is no cgisock.14083 in /var/run/apache2, yet cgi is installed
and active as far as I know.

The error suggests the use of mod_cgid instead of mod_cgi.  You can read about the differences in the Apache manual.  It is required when running CGI from a multithreaded back-end.

Where am I going wrong with the installation?

Sounds like an Apache problem to me.