Re: Using Projects and Time Cards

On 8/17/07, luxe <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to learn and setup LedgerSMB for my software contracting
small business.  Looks like the Projects and Time Cards will be some
of the features I am going to use daily.  Is there some comprehensive
guide for that area?

No.  However, feel free to contribute to the relevant sections of the manual, and ask questions on this list.

Also, I will have to generate weekly and bi-weekly reports summarizing
the time I spent on a project.  So far I found that I can create
individual (daily) time cards and print them and can generate a report
(time cards report) for a certain period that looks pretty good in
regard to what I need to report (maybe I will need couple of custom
fields added).  But how I can print such report?

You can print the HTML frame from your browser.  That is the only option.

  Also is there a
template for those reports?  In other words how could I customize the
report according to requirements of my client(s)?

No template yet.  You would need to customize the HTML output of the relevant perl code scripts.  You may wish to seek help on this list or irc.

For 1.3, this could easily be made template aware, and we would be happy to help make this happen.

Thank you for any help and guidance.  Sorry if information I am
looking for is already available and I just did not look hard enough
to find it any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Remember:  we started from 0 documentation except for some notes I had prepared for one customer of mine (which became the manual).  No question is stupid :-).