Re: Is LSMB really suitable for the public?

It depends on your benchmark, but do you think you might be seeing more of the open development which acknowledges bugs rather than real problems?

I am just finishing up my end of year accounts with SL and I'm having to manually change the database in several places because SL keeps loosing my stock - I reported this bug to Dieter and was told that the problem did not exists and that he would look into it for some price around $14,000 if I wanted. However, I notice that something which sounds very similar to a bug fix for this has slipped into the latest SL 1.4...

Also I notice that a change very similar to the patch I submitted for changes to the reconciliation screen has also gone into 1.4...

Darn, I meant to say 2.8, not 1.4... Durr

Also, other bugs which irritate me in SL:

1) Rounding. I have an item which should be sold for $150 (my accounts are in GBP though). So I create an invoice in USD and enter the item and voila, there it is for $150.01 (eh?) 2) Rounding. I have an invoice outstanding for $150. I go into the payments screen and look for outstanding invoices and there it is requesting payment for $149.99 (?eh?). If you pay the correct amount then the invoice settles.. SL's workaround in the most recent versions is NOT to fix the rounding issues, but to consider invoices closed if they are just a few cents out... In my opinion computers are either spot on to the nearest billionth of a cent, or else they completely wrong. We used to audit some accounts and I we find the balance to be $0.01 out then we used to assume it was a million dollars up with another million dollar down transaction gone missing and pull the whole lot apart until we found the problem (my worst example of this was £10 BILLION(!!) which got missed somehow... OK, extreme example, but it shows how easy it is to do...)

Ed W