Re: Default dates on transaction entry screens

Setting the "session date" to something other than the current system date just means that it will be the value pre-entered in the date field when a new transaction is initiated. Ideally the presence of an audit trail mechanism internal to the system would make possible the ability record all actions of a given user using the system date at which each action occurred (regardless of the date entered for the transaction).

This would be not different than me sitting down to catch-up on my paperwork at the end of the week [Ok, at the end of the month :) ] and entering transaction on a Friday that occurred the previous Monday.

In short ... there's a difference between the date information entered as data and that used by the system for audit purposes.

Roy