Migration path from SL 2.6.27

Hello!

I just tried to upgrade to SL 2.8.0.  I encountered bugs and changes to the UI which made my job more difficult.  So, I've "re-wound" my upgrade and I've started looking at LS.  My current installation works well for what I need.  However; I like the direction that LS is going (referential integrity, numeric types, newer APIs, moving logic into the database, etc).  I've seen people mention that version 1.3 is the version to wait for.  So, after a long introduction, my question is:  Will my migration path become more difficult the longer I wait to switch to LS?  Afterall, LS is having teething problems (bugs) as well.

Thanks!
Mark