Re: Default dates on transaction entry screens - ex 1.2.0-rc5 problem with cash receipt

Agreed. I think the date thing is something users like me really want.
Throw the idea out as you see fit.

Simplicity != Removal of features.

Case in point: Google

The point, is that we will provide utility for people to do as they wish (templates). However, the stock install will follow the KISS principle with the purpose of insuring a quality experience for those that use QuickBooks or PeachTree.

These people, don't want tons of features with uber configurability. They want, easy of use, simplicity, accuracy and a pretty way to see how much money they have.

Secondarily they wish to have some more advanced features such as budgeting and forecasting.

We get some of this stuff out of the way, and our user base will be of the many thousands.

Joshua D. Drake