Re: Default dates on transaction entry screens - ex 1.2.0-rc5 problem with cash receipt

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 18:03 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> There is a saying, "Less is More."  I think that each setting we add
> needs to have a case behind it.
Yes but Less is usually just that: Less :-).
I gave a case.

>  The last thing we want is a program that is as configurable as, say, Oracle.
The power is partly in the configuration. Hmmm, who is WE? Having worked
for Oracle, and installed countless software and database instances, I
can tell you that their default install became a one click no-brainer.
After that, if you needed to, you COULD change any number of defaults
and preferences, but most small and medium sites never touched anything.

>   But hey, if you want to pay me to help you navigate the configuration options, who am I to argue,
> but it shouldn't be a requirement.
If the default preference is set then you do not NEED to navigate the
options in order to start work. Its just an option to help others who
may not work exactly the same way as you do.