Re: SL to Ledger-SMB - Is it a good idea and why?

Hi, Chris,

Chris Travers wrote:
> Hi John;
>
>> Yes, I'm a little concerned that the core team and community seems
>> awfully small. But I see every indication of top-caliber people here, so
>> that's sure to change.
>>

> Just to mention:  The core core team (aka steering committee) is
> likely to remain small simply because it is far easier to reach
> concensus with 6-7 people than it is with 10-20.  However, I expect
> that we will likely end up with a larger committer community over
> time.  Even PostgreSQL, iirc, only has about a dozen or so committers.

Oh, I'm not complaining about the core group--6-7 people sounds about
perfect for this project. Much better than 1!
> This being said, we are working *very hard* to try to help ensure that
> this is viable for a larger active community of developers, service
> providers, and support companies.  Infrastructure, architecture, and
> code standards decisions will still be made by the smaller official
> core team.

That's the openness that's drawn us over, which has been missing from
that other project. My only concern has been that the core team
practically equals the entire community--doesn't seem like very many
people have crossed over to this project yet.

Keep up the good work, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time... We'll
do what we can...

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"