Re: SL to Ledger-SMB - Is it a good idea and why?

Hi, David,

David Tangye wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 16:19 -0800, John Locke wrote:
>
>> We switched our company at the end of January, when we ran into cash
>> income statements not adding up correctly in SQL-Ledger.
>>
> :-). You probably got told on the other forum that you were very stupid
> for losing your cash, and it was your fault. :-)

I got thundering silence, actually... Chris helped me come up with some
good queries to get the numbers I needed that day...

>> I'm convinced, for the reasons others have already given, that
>> Ledger-SMB is the best path forward.
>>
> I have also decide that some time ago. To me it has been a question of
> when, plus the conservative side of me has been waiting in case this
> project blew apart. That possibility seems to be very remote now though,
> as there are enough helpers and general momentum now to make it a better
> proposition (ie it now a less risky prospect than SL) looking forward.

Yes, I'm a little concerned that the core team and community seems
awfully small. But I see every indication of top-caliber people here, so
that's sure to change.
> What was your source SL database version (easily found from the file
> name of the backup you would have taken at the time.)?

You know, I moved it over with pg_dumpall, and edited the dump file a
bit because it had to share with other Postgres users/dbs. I haven't
used the built-in SL backup feature for ages--figured I had the files
and raw database.

SQL-Ledger itself looks like I updated to 2.6.23 before switching over.

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"