Re: Problems with first time install

Hi Gerald;

Currently we offer two modes of database creation:
1)  If the superuser credentials are set, then a new database is
created, PL/PGSQL is added to it, and then the database is created
with the normal user as the owner of the objects.
2)  If the superuser credentials are not set, then the installer
assumes you are trying to add this to an existing database.  Since
PL/PGSQL requires superuser privileges to add, we assume it is there
since we cannot add it.

I will review the documentation to try to ensure clarity on this matter.

On 2/21/07, Gerald Chudyk <..hidden..> wrote:
On 2/21/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> BTW, the current 12 failed tests are fixed in RC1 (released today).
> You can just untar over your existing installation if you like.

Done!

> I don't know what happens if you try to create more than one dataset
> in a database.  Currently, if the superuser credentials are submitted,
> the database is created and plpgsql added.  If not, it assumes an
> existing database with no other data.  Hope this helps.

So if I create a ledgersmb database as follows:

createuser -P ledgersmb
createlang plpgsql template1
createdb -U ledgersmb ledgersmb
psql -U ledgersmb ledgersmb
   \i /var/www/ledger-smb/sql/Pg-central.sql
            update users_conf set password = md5('2manysecrets');

Then I edit ledger-smb.conf:
    change "sendmail = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t"
    set "latex :"
    set "DBConnect = dbi:Pg:dbname=ledgersmb;host=localhost;port=5432"
    set "DBUserName = ledgersmb"
    set "DBPassword = 2manysecrets"

Then I run perl Build.PL  then ./Build test
Then I run admin.pl Database Administration
Host=localhost
Port=5432
User=ledgersmb
Password=******
Connect to=template1
Superuser=ledgersmb
Password=******

Click Create Dataset

This takes me to the Create Dataset Screen with existing datasets:

[ ledgersmb ] [ postgres ] [ template0 ] [ template1 ]

Do I Create a new dataset or enter ledgersmb as my existing dataset? I
have tried both and failed. I have also tried omitting the superuser
on the previous screen with no success.

This seems to be where I crash and burn every time.

Regards,
Gerald.