Re: Tax and locations

Chris,

> THere was talk about adding support at the shipto level.  Not sure if
> this really helps though.  It will take more time to adequately define
> the appropriate usage model.  Yes, the db schema will need to be
> changed if we need to support tax by zipcode (a requirement for
> Arkansans, iirc).

I did this for some retail systems once-upon-a-time.  The model that worked
best in CA was to have sales tax levels attaching to the city and the state,
with city falling back to state if not defined, and state dropping back to a
default level if not defined.

Don't know if that covers Arkansas though.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun