Re: CRM and LedgerSMB

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:56 PM, David Godfrey <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Darald,

I know Chris has replied with his plans, but I am interested in finding out what you were hoping for.

A couple of questions if I may....

* What version of LSMB are you running?

1.3.6 is what it says on the tab (I thought I had something quite a bit more recent but Christ did the final steps to effect installation so he can confirm or deny where I'm at),

I thought I set up 1.3.36.  What does it say on the login screen?

* What features did you want, but couldn't find?

A contacts file that was hopefully connected to both vendors and customers.

* What made it hard to find the features you did find?

Well - - - what seems to be the best way to find the contact information for a vendor is:

1. go to AP
2. go Vendors
3. go to Reports
4. go to History - - now you have a form that you can fill out (I think - - - I just starting to use LedgerSMB!)

AP/Vendors/Reports/Search is probably better.  Note that in 1.4, this is moved to Contacts/Search to make it less confusing.   I agree the current menu is not optimal which is why we changed it a bit in 1.4 and will continue to refine in future versions.

I do wonder though if we are returning all the fields you need there.  If not, let me know what fields you need and lets see what we can do about that.

I was expecting something more like
1. go to AP
2. go  vendors   includes a button that says 'new vendor' which then takes me to a screen where I can input information as detailed as I have.

Is this what you were/are looking for?

It's helpful, definitely.

Darald