Re: Getting Back to testing 1.4

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM, <..hidden..> wrote:

>> > Great question.  The chart of accounts management and summary reports
>> were
>> > moved under the "General Journal" menu.  Editing, deleting, and
>> viewing
>> > accounts and their balances is now unified in one screen (i.e
>> > reports/chart
>> > of accounts and system/chart of accounts/list accounts are merged).
>> >
>> > Best Wishes,
>> > Chris Travers
>> >

>> Great thanks
>> There used to be some sample charts one could import. I dont see those
>> are
>> they gone?
>>

> for the initial charts, they are in sql/coa/[country-code]/chart
>
> The setup.pl should give you an option to select one during db setup time.
>
> BTW, the permissions structures have been moved to a new framework which
> quiets log entries and does not require preprocessing.  If you get
> timeouts
> when setting up a db (before you get to the COA/User screens) you may need
> to increase the Apache timeout configuration.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Ahh thanks I did not get a time out that I am aware of, since I went with
my original 1.4 database the chart is probably something that got skipped
last May when I was trying 1.4?
I still did not see an option to add one if one is missing.

Will using the old one from 1.2 pose any problems for testing 1.4? It
seemed to work just fine.

Great.  There are no issues that I know of.  We do try to handle directly inserting into the chart view (this view will probably be going away in 1.5 in favor of the more normalized tables added in 1.3, btw, if you are porting code you should be hitting the account, account_heading, and account_link tables instead, since id collisions *are* possible between account and account_heading entries-- if you must query chart make sure you specify charttype = 'A' if joining).

I now seem to have a functional 1.4 and 1.2 sandbox system on my laptop
for code migration work next week.

Ok, as I mentioned timecards are currently broken and it is something I am working on hard.  If you have specific functionality we should merge in that area, feel free to hand me features to implement while I do this.  I just finished getting the _javascript_ overlay in largely working order so back to timecards for me next week.

Thanks again.

Cheers Turtle