Re: Getting Back to testing 1.4

> Hi Turtle;
>

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> Greetings all I am finally getting back to setting up a 1.4. test system
>> for step one of our BIG migration project.
>> I upgraded my svn today to 6104
>> I had set up a test database a few months ago and now I get the
>> notorious
>> looping apache authorization box.
>>

> We should put together a FAQ item on how to troubleshoot this.
>
> The place to look first is in your Postgres logs.  You should see one of
> two things there.  Either you will get an error that the username of the
> process that runs Apache is not a role in PostgreSQL or you will get
> something telling you why authentication failed.  But the first question
> is
>
> Is the username properly passed over?

Hey thanks Chris. I am getting
FATAL:  role "apache" does not exist.
I am taking that to mean mod rewrite is working.
And I need to do some additional configuration here.
In psql I did a
CREATE ROLE apache;
ALTER ROLE apache LOGIN;
and am still getting the looping auth box.
Logs state that the database I want to create does not exit.
Thanks in davance
-Turtle