Re: 1.2 - 1.4 data import.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
Well since there are no default accounts I figure jump right in and import
of a 1.2 test database I have.

<Caveat> It contains extra tables and modified tables of a ledgersmb 1.2
system and it had to me moved off the server to my laptop. </>

I go to setup.pl it detects my data as 1.2.
Then I am prompted to rename quite a few part and invoice #'s.
After the import there is no data in the database.

Any thoughts?

First, regarding migrating custom data....

As like the 1.2-1.3 upgrade, our upgrades are rename and copy (so custom data is preserved.

The pre-upgrade changes (renaming duplicate invoices, etc) is committed to the old data.  The old public schema is then renamed to lsmb12, a new public schema is created, some mapping info added to the old schema and it is populated from the old data.  This is done in 3 transactions so chances are the first two succeeded but the third failed.

What this means is we also have  a "back out of botched upgrade" script.  You can run sql/upgrade/1.4-1.2.sql to restore everything pre-upgrade.

As to what went wrong, if you could check your PostgreSQL logs the problem is probably there.  Since this is a customized version there are probably assumptions in the upgrade file that caused it to fail and we should fix those for you.