Re: GAAP (was Re: Patch for serious bug in LedgerSMB 1.2.16)

David F. Skoll wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:

However, if it is just typos in descriptions, why are you reposting for that?

How else can you fix a typo once the invoice has been posted?

Yeah - I would also like to be able to tweak small, surely non-legal implications aspects of an invoice, eg adding some notes fields, or setting a serial number against a line item where it was forgotten when the invoice was created.

I have seen that some other systems use a two part aspect to creating invoices - they are initially setup, presumably by the shop floor and then there is a second step where they become accounting invoices and this is presumably done so that it can be signed off by some other party.  I guess you just call it a "proforma" in the meantime.  Obviously this would be quite a large change in workflow to SL right now, but I hope that someone will do a bit of thought on the overall workflow aspect with a view to a later release because it does seem we are missing some kind of intermediate step right now for most non-trivial uses (actual terminology and need for that step is likely to be different per business/industry though)

Exciting news about 1.3 though!

Regards

Ed W