Re: Patch for serious bug in LedgerSMB 1.2.16

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:39 AM, David F. Skoll <..hidden..> wrote:
> Chris Travers wrote:
>
>> Did you apply the fix for this bug:  sql/fixes/transactions_pkey_repost.sql
>
> Ummm.... no.  Thank you; that's the correct fix.
>
>> So when upgrading to a new version, please check the relevant sections
>> of the changelog and release notes to see if there are db hotfixes
>> which address non-standard workflows you need to use.
>
> I think the fixes should be applied automatically.  They won't affect
> "standard" workflows.  If you want to prevent "non-standard" workflows,
> it's better to remove the capability from the software than to have it
> crash and lose an invoice. :-)

There are problems with that too.  One can't just apply a fix where
replication is at work in a database because that can screw up the
replication.  Because we want to offer a replication-friendly
environment, automatic application of fixes is a bit problematic.