GAAP (was Re: Patch for serious bug in LedgerSMB 1.2.16)

Sorry if this is getting off-topic for the devel list...

BTW, these aren't just non-standard workflows.  From an accounting
perspective, they are wrong workflows because they break auditability.
 Technically, you aren't supposed to ever change a posted invoice.
Ever....

OK.  The only reason we repost invoices is to correct typos in the description
of line items.  What is the GAAP way to do that?  Cancel the invoice and
make a new one?  If so, I'll ask our AP person to start doing it that way.

Regards,

David.