Re: LaTeX - some logos print, others don't.

Ok! Stand back! I found it everybody!

It works - in 1.2.17 - if you use a .png logo.

Whilst preparing my late payment reminder letter today I came across this problem again, wanting to add a signature at the bottom of the letter, but also this time I found that LedgerSMB creates files in / tmp including the output of the LaTeX conversion process.

It said:

  ! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps.

  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

   l.120 ...l/ledgersmb/templates/stroller/signature.eps}

(the above ellipses are literal)

The same file converted perfectly in my homedir, but some Googling suggests that eps is non-native to LaTeX and that some preprocessing is performed. Presumably this LedgerSMB takes care of the preprocessing for logo.eps and this is why alternate-filename.eps fails.

So:

\includegraphics[height=2cm]{/usr/local/ledger-smb/templates/ stroller/signature}

Delete /usr/local/ledger-smb/templates/stroller/signature.eps and replace with a PNG called signature.png

Stroller.