Re: Pg removal of implicit type casts in 8.3

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> On our sourceforge download site, you will see a package of "Validation
> Tarballs."  These should appear near the bottom of the page.
>
> The naming convention of the validation tarballs is:
> ledgersmb-[version]-v[package-number].tar.gz
>  so you are probably looking for:
>
> ledgersmb-1.2.13-v1.tar.gz

Thanx.  Will keep an eye out for updates, but if whoever posts it
could just drop a note to this list, I will be sure to test.

> This corrects casts with the session lookup routine (since md5(int) is no
> longer usable) and numerous issues with the defaults table (since int = text
> triggers no operator known).

True, but that was a very simple fix to make (in fact I did and
forwarded it to the list).

> Our COMPATIBILITY file  does mention the possibility of issues with 8.3 but
> the issues relating to the lack of implicit casts are ones we will fix as
> they are reported.  I suppose our release notes and readme should reference
> that file and state that there compatibility exceptions are listed there.

Thanks, Chris.  You're on top of it as always.

David A. Bandel
 - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto