Re: Pg removal of implicit type casts in 8.3

On Feb 20, 2008 8:33 AM, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
David A. Bandel wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Haven't had much time to follow the list lately, but is there a fix
> for Pg's removal of implicit type casts in 8.3?
 After fixing the
> login issue (trivial), I'm now bumping into this adding parts/services
> and expect to see it in other modules.
>
> Can provide the specific error, but anyone who's upgraded to 8.3
> should be seeing this.  It's an integer = text (typecast) error.

With respect there is a reason that 8.3 isn't considered supported yet.
You should be running 8.2.6.

And if you want to try PostgreSQL 8.3 with LSMB experimentally (for the purpose of providing bug reports, etc), you want to be running the validation tarball of 1.2.13.