Re: Pg removal of implicit type casts in 8.3

On our sourceforge download site, you will see a package of "Validation Tarballs."  These should appear near the bottom of the page.

The naming convention of the validation tarballs is:
ledgersmb-[version]-v[package-number].tar.gz
so you are probably looking for:

ledgersmb-1.2.13-v1.tar.gz

This corrects casts with the session lookup routine (since md5(int) is no longer usable) and numerous issues with the defaults table (since int = text triggers no operator known).

Our COMPATIBILITY file  does mention the possibility of issues with 8.3 but the issues relating to the lack of implicit casts are ones we will fix as they are reported.  I suppose our release notes and readme should reference that file and state that there compatibility exceptions are listed there.

Hope this helps,
Chris Travers