Re: Unique ar(invoice)ID

Hi,

2007. 09. 12, szerda keltezéssel 12.20-kor Chris Travers ezt írta:

>         Some other extra data also in the invoice, which are needed to
>         use in
>         business such a software like sql-ledger.
>
> Currently we do support custom fields (since LSMB 1.1.x).

I saw the database structure, I will check it.

>         Other extra features:
>         - direct sql window -> the result should be saved to file.
>
> Interesting.  The only question is whether we would be better to offer
> packages for reporting engines like JasperReports or Reportlab.

Probably your offer much more useful :) (In fact, I'm sure)

>         - import possibility from file for parts, customers, vendors.
>
> This is another area we may want to look at.  Note our customer/vendor
> structure is changing drastically in 1.3.

Good, because now we have to add a company twice (vendor/customer),
which is not really fast and good.

> The only problem here is that our codebase is changing rapidly.  We
> have found the SQL-Ledger codebase to be very fragile and would rather
> build something more robust that can be *easily* modified by
> consultants so that it can be anything that a business needs it to be.
> In general, it is now easier to rewrite than merge, unfortunately.

I thought only to look into the feature, to decide, it is interesting
enough to write a similar/better function.

Unfortunately I'm still busy (I have to work for money too, instead of
enjoying open source projects :)

Cheers,
István