Re: Unique ar(invoice)ID

On 9/12/07, Pongracz Istvan <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi,

I read in the feature wishes this topic.

>From my website you can download the latest, customized sql-ledger,
which has this function.

Even, you can print the invoice only the first time, after all the
copies have a line, like this: "This invoice is a copy about the
original invoice."

I think we will probably eventually find that we have to get into document management.  Otherwise issues of reprinting invoices is always going to be a problem.  I would suggest that we look at these issues as part of what we can try to get into 1.4 (when the invoice system is rewritten).

Some other extra data also in the invoice, which are needed to use in
business such a software like sql-ledger.

Currently we do support custom fields (since LSMB 1.1.x).

Other extra features:
- direct sql window -> the result should be saved to file.

Interesting.  The only question is whether we would be better to offer packages for reporting engines like JasperReports or Reportlab.

- import possibility from file for parts, customers, vendors.

This is another area we may want to look at.  Note our customer/vendor structure is changing drastically in 1.3.

This is a GPL version, so, I guess, you could merge it into ledgersmb.

<http://www.osbusiness.hu/?page_name=download>

The only problem here is that our codebase is changing rapidly.  We have found the SQL-Ledger codebase to be very fragile and would rather build something more robust that can be *easily* modified by consultants so that it can be anything that a business needs it to be.  In general, it is now easier to rewrite than merge, unfortunately.