Re: 1.2.7 upgrade problems

On 7/16/07, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

On 7/16/07, David Bandel <..hidden..> wrote:
> Chris and crew,
>
> Upgraded from 1.2.5 (with some of my own hot-fixes) to 1.2.7.

What sort of hot fixes?   Were these re-applied?

one I remember, in Form.pm, I changed one occurrence of customer_id to
{vc}_id because there's no customer_id in the vendor tables, only
vendor_id.

Perusing the code, looks like you fixed it.

If I remember any more, I'll check them against your code.

> 1.  I get asked at _every_ link selection to login (session expired)
> Used the admin interface to up the time from 3600 to 86400 because the
> preferences interface wouldn't save the value.  Still no go, though.

Are your usernames in the form of Username@company by any chance?

yep.  And we fixed this once (partially) by adding back the @ in the
session.pm code in about 5 places (you had indicated to me 2 places
initially IINM).

> 2.  AR links error out because I don't have a date that LedgerSMB
> likes in the close books up to field (should be blank, but keeps
> coming up 0 which is causing the error -- and my date type - dd/mm/yy,
> closing books to 31/12/2006, is not liked either.

try:  2006-12-31.  Or if you want it to be blank (for the time being) try
the following query in psql:
update defaults set value = null where setting_key = 'closed_to';

OK, the NULL seems to work, but the setting_key is 'closedto', at
least in my db.

The setting it to 0 is a different bug however that has not come up in our
tests.  Filing that so we don't forget to fix it.

> May be more, but can't get past these two for now.
>
> David A. Bandel
> --

David A. Bandel
           - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto