Re: CLI order and invoice scripts (was: COGS and part setup)

http://www.tiggs.net/lsmb_resources.zip

A little later than I wanted but here's what I promised, in all it's bug ugly, messy glory. I'll explain a little. Please bear in mind that I've never released any code to a larger community like this so there may be pieces/components needed that I didn't include. Please ask. I can't release the entire shopping cart because each cart is written with specific business rules for each of my clients and none of them wanted to give permission to release a sanitized version of their cart. But the core class that interfaces with LSMB is almost exactly the same, with the exception of the submit_order() and submit_product() functions within the lsmb_mgr class.

List of files:

dao_lsmb.php - abstract data access class that allows me to interact directly with the LSMB schema and treat each row as an object

lsmb_mgr.php - core class used to interact with LSMB. The views that drove some of the functions are included near bottom of the file.

misc_functions.php - these are helper functions

vendor_mgr.php - very first class created to interact with LSMB. I ended up stripping this down to the bare necessities and just passing data to the cli instead of writing directly to the database.

None of these files are very well documented. I did take the time to get examples of arrays that are passed to each function and include with the class. Other than that, these are presented as is.

There are several assumptions being made by the core class that you need to keep in mind:

1) there are two schemas here, not one. One to help drive the e-commerce logic, one for lsmb itself.

2) writes are all one-way. Information is collected by the e-commerce app and sent to LSMB. So, the assumption is that what exists in LSMB should exist in the e-commerce application before it gets into LSMB. If I need some information from LSMB, I either created a view or accessed tables directly, but only for reading purposes. In fact, the e-commerce user has read-only access to the ledgersmb schema. I am hoping, though, that 1.3 and later of LSMB will allow me to start consolidating these into one db one schema and that reading would become easier to manage.

3) taxes are treated as a service. That means all customers are marked as having no tax rules within LSMB. It was more important to make sure the rules were functioning correctly in the e-commerce app. At that point, it was easier to pass in the result than to try to replicate those rules within LSMB.

I'm sure there are other assumptions I made that probably need to be clarified. Please feel free to ask some questions.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Charley

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
Charley,

Could I prevail on you to release some version of your scripts? I need to
implement this same functionality on a short timetable, and would rather assist
in generalizing working scripts for wider use than reinventing the wheel.

The REST API does not appear to be sufficiently far along to use yet.

Thanks,
Jeff